VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am trying to retro-fit a MFSW to a 2010 transporter, the wheel is off a 2010 golf and I have the correct airbag cable for it,
now I have been told that the transporters are the same as the polo's and do not have a steering wheel controller and I may have to swap the central electirc controller, but as I have already got cruise control It may just need coding ?

Any help would be much appreciated

a few pics

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Did the polo or transporter ever have the option of a MFSW?

If not, the control module may not be compatible. I don't know since NA doesn't have transporters. I can tell you that all cars with MFSW in NA have steering wheel control modules, even the new mk6 Jetta which uses Polo electricals. The control module is not under the steering wheel, it's at the bottom of the steering wheel, under the airbag. You should be able to connect through VCDS to examine the coding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yes the mfsw is an option on the transporter and I have had a go with the vcds but obviously the steering wheel controller isn't there, I have looked at the central electrics but the long coding helper dosent work with this module so I've hit a bit of a dead end
I have tried my local vw dealer but I might as well be talking to my dog !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks

Yes the mfsw is an option on the transporter and I have had a go with the vcds but obviously the steering wheel controller isn't there, I have looked at the central electrics but the long coding helper dosent work with this module so I've hit a bit of a dead end
I have tried my local vw dealer but I might as well be talking to my dog !!!
Hi How did you get on with this in the end?

we are looking to do the same mod on out T5.1 DSG with a golf Mk6 MFSW with paddles.

just waiting for a chance to try it out.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts