VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chitty:

I'm just wondering whats so special about the Members only content and resources section?
There is nothing in there that couldn't be posted in any of the sub forums, nothing secret or very informative.

You will find that web browsers see a special section they have to register before they can read anything. Now you know the web as well as I do. Users will join just to read in that section and if nothing is very informative they won't come back. So you gain more Members: 4,498, Active Members: 2,387 and you will see that only half are active.

I'm sure I've seen it on here where you can see all registered users and you will see that most have 0 posts, I can't find the link at the moment.

I'm just curious? ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I started it to encourage people to sign up. I found that there was a disproportionate number of people who use the site but chat about it on other sites because they didn't feel like signing up at a new site. I feel it's been an improvement and even if they don't come back than it at least lets me know who and how many people are finding the website helpful.

There is no members list here, maybe on other forums.

·
Super Moderator
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wondered why it was there, so long as your happy thats ok. I'm on many forums I thought the members search was normal, I'm obviously wrong? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It's there to add that little touch of mystery, to entice people in. Look at Hansel and Gretel, Goldie locks etc:D

·
Super Moderator
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes but the mystery is lost when they read whats in there. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts