VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live just outside of New Haven and have looked on the tdi mechanic list for CT but everything is up past Hartford and thats a long drive to bring my car to and get a ride back and then back there again to pick it up. I would normally do it myself but since moving to this state I don't have a place that I am allowed to work on my cars like that. The mechanic I started using when I moved down here is very nice but I don't trust him on diesels after a few diagnosis' he has given my cars since I've started owning diesels. Would much rather have a nice trusted person who knows TDI's. I use to always go to a couple different shops of friends of mine that worked on just VW's and always had great confidence in what they said because they KNOW these cars. When my actuator on my turbo went my mechanic told me I needed a new turbo and when I showed him all the great information on this site he was very surprised. There is a lot to be said for having a passion for a certain type of car (or engine)

Enough of that rant(I just miss working on my cars myself). Back to the question. Anyone know a good TDI mechanic near me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm no mechanic but I play one in real life. Seriously, I will be in Westport at the end of June at my brother's place and will have all the tools (I hope) to change the timing and serp belts and the water pump on my 2001 Jetta TDI. Plus I plan on changing the injectors, glow plugs and cleaning the intake mani and intercooler. This is the first time working on a Jetta but I have changed plenty of timing belts on other vehicles. Get back to me if you think I can help, stop by if you just want to chat. I will get the info to you as I get closer to leaving for CT...daveyboy... p.s. I have a VCSD and the software.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done a few timing belts as well. Just none on a TDI and I don't have the proper tools or place now down here in CT. Fathers day weekend I willl be out of town but should be around the following weekend I think. Its my birthday that weekend and I wouldn't mind doing a timing belt at all. Looks like about a 40 minute drive to westport. Deffinetly keep me in touch. Is the engine you will be doing the same as the one in our beetle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts