VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Hi Keith,

Its not clear to me in your above post whether or not the update actually loaded...make sure you saw the "update initializing" or whatever it says for a few minutes and then tells you "update successful". If you didn't get it in, I always put my update files on a drive all by themselves. The RCD-510 picks it up right away. Btw, I always use the latest version that contains all previous updates. I wouldn't use the other unless you've had a problem.

I have all the latest updates though, and I can't get it to go random unless all tracks are in the same folder either. I find it annoying. I read somewhere (I gotta keep better track of this stuff I read, I know) in a Volkswagen publication that this is correct operation for the unit. I guess for some reason they dont want you playing separate folders in random. I have found this very annoying since day one, but I've gotten used to it. The last update dramatically improved the speed at which I can navigate folders (which I have a lot of). It took me minutes to scroll through my folder list, sometimes thinking the unit locked up...but I was just taking that long. Now it keeps right up with me :)

Also, to save you some trouble, I've already tried assembling a playlist and dropping it in the root (in the approved formats of course) referencing the tracks that are in the sub-folders. The RCD-510 didn't like that very much...even before I told it I wanted random...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.