VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my son a 2011 TDi and a week in the car quit going into 1st or 2nd. Took off the airbox and found the shift cable on the right unattached (pic attached).
What is supposed to be holding this linkage on?

thx!
Trent

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought my son a 2011 TDi and a week in the car quit going into 1st or 2nd. Took off the airbox and found the shift cable on the right unattached (pic attached).
What is supposed to be holding this linkage on?

View attachment 9033

thx!
Trent
Look as if it connected properly, something picture blocking complete view. that's part of the linkage the raises and lowers the transmission shaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So there should be something on that pin holding the cable end on. The whole piece is made of plastic and that little something has worn off. I drilled a small hole at the end and used a cotter pin (body clip from an RC car 🙂) to hold it in place for the time being. I went to my local parts department and the new lever is $100. I bought it then returned it the next day and took the opportunity to upgrade to the dieselgeek Sigma shifter. Installed it last night. very neat upgrade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool! That ought to do it. Dieselgeek a great place for parts, they have a great timing belt kit, when its time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts