VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is there confirmation that we will be offered the 6spd manual??? i really hope so.. i have been reading and reading and get mixed results.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Well its probably a mix on words Manual 2012 Passat.

So he's after a new Passat for next year but do they make a manual gearbox version? ;)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
So is there confirmation that we will be offered the 6spd manual??? i really hope so.. i have been reading and reading and get mixed results.
The North American 2012 VW Passat TDI will have the option of either manual or DSG. From their press release:

"The TDI may be ordered with a 6-speed DSG as an option." I'm guessing that the manual will use a similar 6 speed manual transmission to the Jetta-Golf-Sportwagen since the engine is also similar.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I read through the press release.

http://media.vw.com/press_releases/volkswagen-reveals-the-all-new-passat-a-first-in-class-vehicle-that-delivers-german-engineering-and-is-built-in-america

Built in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Nice.
I'll have to plan on a visit to the factory for a tour.
I nice drive through some of back roads of the Appalachian Mountains using my "Volkswagen’s legendary 6-speed DSG transmission" would be fun.:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Passat_NMS

"In the US, the Passat NMS is to be built at Volkswagen Group of America's new Chattanooga, Tennessee, production facility, alongside a new midsize crossover vehicle to compete against the Toyota Highlander. In China, Shanghai-VW will build the Passat NMS in its Shanghai factory and release it in the second quarter of 2011."

Chitty, what's "the new midsize crossover vehicle?"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I certainly hope a 6-spd manual is an option. After researching the problems with the DSG I think I will stick with the stick.....

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
...After researching the problems with the DSG...
I would like to read more about these problems.
Can you post some links from your research for me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to read more about these problems.
Can you post some links from your research for me?
A lot of what I have found is on this site.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/DSG-faq-VW-Audi.htm

Just google DSG Transmission Reliability or dsg transmission problems and you should find plenty of info.

I keep my cars for a LONG time, so I need something that will be reliable over the long haul.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was referring to the transmission ! :) I wont need a "repair manual until the warranty expires" lol
But I sure hope they do make a stick... then i will be in line to buy one... the only reason i didnt buy the b5.5 is that is couldnt get a stick.... kept the a4 jettas....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts