VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really an Audi nor a VW but the idea is pretty much the same...
Time for me to share here what I've been doing on my Ibiza :D

The car is a 2004 PD130 Sport (long gearbox):

After changing front bushes, MAF, timing belt kit, water pump, etc, etc, etc... the time for more power is here!

I got the pipercross replacement panel filter:

Then I needed a better boost monitoring... so then came the NewSouth Performance column pod with VDO gauge:

Knowing that the small and weak (and old) BV39 wouln't be enough... the hybrid arrived from ScrollProducts:

Installing it took 2 full days (I do all myself)... don't ask why!

And next is all the piping on 2.5" aluminium tube with this FMIC up front:

Last but not least... a pic next to my friend's 135hp 2.0HDI

Hope you like it!
Best regards

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Oops! I just drooled when I seen the turbo there lol, you'll be able to smoke your friends car, it is a poosh1t after all:D That was what some people used to call them lol. I prefer yours for sure, are you mapping it too to make the most of it?:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops! I just drooled when I seen the turbo there lol, you'll be able to smoke your friends car, it is a poosh1t after all:D That was what some people used to call them lol. I prefer yours for sure, are you mapping it too to make the most of it?:)
I'll do the mapping myself... as I did my friend's HDI (it is the 90hp version) :nana2:
First stage will be 170-180hp to see how the whole setup holds and then 210-220hp is the final target (probably after smoking the stock clutch :thumbsup )

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Cool, I'm thinking of going vnt 17 at some point to go with my bosio nozzles, should make 170 bhp or so.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I'm thinking of going vnt 17 at some point to go with my bosio nozzles, should make 170 bhp or so.:)
Sure you can... but get the gt1749vb if posible (from the PD160) or at least the gt1749v (from the newer PD130) instead of the KKK BV39 my car came with... doing only 130hp for 130k km it was close to totaled.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The PD 130 unit from a newer car was one of the plans, it might never happen in the end but I like to know what I can do if the finances allow.:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
So do you think that gt1749v would be good for around 170bhp? There's loads of them on ebay and it looks like they're popular in some of the renaults and bmw's too! More places to scavange one:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do you think that gt1749v would be good for around 170bhp? There's loads of them on ebay and it looks like they're popular in some of the renaults and bmw's too! More places to scavange one:D
I'm pretty new to the diesel scene... but AFAIK goes like this>
bv39 up to 160hp
gt1749v up to 170/180hp
gt1749va up to 180/190hp
gt1749vb up to 190/200hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts