VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked before but I need some help. At first, I was losing power intermittently over time and switching it on and off seemed to work fine.
It stopped doing this for ages so I thought it was fine, probably something and nothing. Recently, the power just gave up, it turned flat. Not in limp mode but just no real bite at all. I read it up and general consensus seemed to be to replace the MAF and should be ok. Got it on a diagnostics machine and the MAF error came up along with another about the turbo. (Guy with machine said the turbo error is probably due to the MAF error and sorting the latter should solve the former) So got a new MAF, chucked it in and although better, it's not back to normal.
I haven't had it back on a machine yet but will that sort it? Does it need resetting or aligning? It really is doing my head in as I really can't afford a big job.
If anyone has any ideas or tips, please help, I'm pulling my hair out!! Thanks in advance. Marcus

·
Registered
371 Posts
There's nothing to be reset by the new MAF. What codes are there? buying a vag com and fixing it yourself will be cheaper than throwing parts at it and paying for a mechanic to guess.

·
Registered
181 Posts
There's nothing to be reset by the new MAF. What codes are there? buying a vag com and fixing it yourself will be cheaper than throwing parts at it and paying for a mechanic to guess.
I agree, 3-4 hrs at most shop prices will get you into genuine RossTech cable, well worth it.:+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts