VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this news segment about lucid dreaming and it reminded me about a time that I got sleep paralysis.

I felt like I was half asleep and then noticed the alarm clock and the shadows in the room. I suddenly felt scared and tried to move but I couldn't. I could see everything and was totally concious but just could not move. After a couple of minutes, I just woke up and turned on the lights. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is sometimes called a choking ghost. It feels like a spirit sites on you while you're sleeping like weight is pressing on your body, mainly over your chest area and up to your head. It's very weird as you feel the air from your lungs slowly escaping and it's difficult to get any back in. You're sleeping and you can't move and you can't speak.

It once happened to me and for a while...maybe like a few minutes...I finally managed to somewhat "push" the spirit off me and turned on the light.

My friend experienced it too, but it was much more freaky as when he turned on his light, he saw a little old lady sitting in the corner of his room. He ran downstairs and slept on the sofa where his brothers were.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sweet dreams getting abducted by aliens tonight!

That is weird. My wife tells me that I sometimes run in bed...it's like my dog. When he dreams he runs in place and makings light woofing noises.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is sometimes called a choking ghost. It feels like a spirit sites on you while you're sleeping like weight is pressing on your body, mainly over your chest area and up to your head. It's very weird as you feel the air from your lungs slowly escaping and it's difficult to get any back in. You're sleeping and you can't move and you can't speak.

It once happened to me and for a while...maybe like a few minutes...I finally managed to somewhat "push" the spirit off me and turned on the light.

My friend experienced it too, but it was much more freaky as when he turned on his light, he saw a little old lady sitting in the corner of his room. He ran downstairs and slept on the sofa where his brothers were.
:eek::eek::eek: Now THAT is freaky.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A little old lady at half awake? That's not a succubus, that sould be a little young lady!
No, that's called a nice dream;)

It happens because you are half awake and basically dreaming. The only scary thing is that you're aware that you're dreaming. I'm sure it also happens where it you just can't remember it after waking up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts