VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a squeaky clutch, it's the bit the clutch release bearing slides on and I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get some sort of lubrication in there. I'm thinking of trying to do it through the hole for gettting the timing in place, where the grommet pops out, I wa thinking of trying some sort of tubing lol, it's driving me a bit nuts at the moment and it's only going to get worse so if anyone has any suggestions short of drilling a hole in the bell housing I'm all ears, I'll stick some spray grease on the release fork too if possible.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Are you sure it's not the clutch lever? You can try removing the slave and putting a dab of grease on the tip. Otherwise you could use some sort of flexible rod and feel around.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well! That gearbox linkage adjustment's not quite as easy as the video makes it look lol, it took me a good few tries before I got the gearbox end to lock properly, you don't just twist the little black locking pin, you have to kind of push quite firmly in at the same time as twisting. At least I got there in the end and gave everything a bit of lubrication while I was in there so we'll see how it goes.:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superb, big improvement all round, the gears are so much better, tighter feel and smoother to shift and the clutch feels a bit lighter too so a bonus all round, just going to get some dot 4 brake fluid tommorrow and give the clutch system a bleed to get some new fluid in there.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts