VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jetta tdi will not run past 2000 rpm's i have changed the fuel pump, turbo, cleaned intake, maf, and all hoses. It is at VW dealer and they don't know. can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Have a look through the faq and see if you can find something in there, I wonder if the tps is giving the full signal? Also check the asv is actually opening fully.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help. What makes it so bad I have no codes come up to help. I checked with the VW techs and they are still have no idea.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Is the anti shudder valve open fully? The flap in the intake, if you pop off the intake pipe to the manifold you should see it in there and it should be fully open.:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I wonder if you'd have better luck with a tdi mechanic from the trusted list on the tdi club site rather than the dealer. I don't know about the dealer you're using but there seems to be a lot of complaints about dealers and their inability to fix tdi's. Have they not checked with vagcom wether the throttle is giving full signal or not? If they can connect to the ecu then that's usually a good sign at least but throwing all these parts at it must be costing you a fair bit of money.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My jetta tdi will not run past 2000 rpm's i have changed the fuel pump, turbo, cleaned intake, maf, and all hoses. It is at VW dealer and they don't know. can anyone help?
maybe this will help. In my 2010 the check engine lite came on and I had no power. The dealer could find nothing so he called the factory hot line. After they asked a few questions the referred him to a specific wiring harness that was routed wrong at the factory, rubbed and wore the insulation off which shorted so the turbo was not working correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
running bad

i will tell the guy that has it working on it now. Dealer couldn't fix it. I went to pick it up they give me a double hand full of parts and told me that they had no idea. Now my car is skipping and smokes bad. It was running better before. what do I need to do now? BURN IT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts