VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 jetta, alh 1.9L

it all started yesterday when i installed a tdtuning.com stage 2 tune. car was wayy faster, i couldn't believe the results. then around the block from my house on the way home the check engine light came on, and the car had no sack and couldnt get over 2200 rpm, and the car has been driving like this since.

stock my car spiked at like 18psi. chipped it spiked at 24 psi. now since the test drive after the chip, i have a hard time breaking 10 or even 5 some times. some times it doesnt want to get over 1900rpm, sometimes it'll let me go all the way to 2800 and then it stops itself.

it's like the car is holding itself back, and regardless of what rpm it allows me to rev to it has no power at all, and hardly any boost.

just took it to autozone and the guy says it has only 1 code, p0101 maf. i searched around about the code, but no one seems to have a story like mine. it feels terrible to drive like this, i keep praying that it'll just snap out of it.

is my car going into "limp mode"? on the way home from a friend's house last night, on the expressway my car would not exceed 58mph. i had it floored, and it just stayed at 2800.

any ideas? i took the maf out, and it doesn't look irregular in any way.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

VAG Error Code: 16485
EOBD II Error Code: P0101

Fault Location:
Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70)/Volume air flow (VAF) sensor - range/performance problem

Possible Cause:
Intake leak/blockage.
Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70).
Volume air flow (VAF) sensor.
Engine control module (ECM).

Taken from my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software-2919/ that should help you with any error codes?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It could be as simple as a boost hose that popped off from the greater boost. Take a look at the FAQ section for the low power checklist as well, it could be many things.

FYI, 21 spike is OK, 18 psi should be the max sustained for an ALH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts