VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned many older VW, by older I mean 80's and 90's. I have owned 2 Fox, 2 Corrado, 1 GTI, and now a 2001 Jetta TDI. I lost my keys, ordered a new one, and now VW wants me to have my car towed from a location that will cost a small forturne, so I can give them more money to program my immobilizer. I have access to a VAGCOM and would like to do this myself, which should be my right. I tried to get my SKC code from VW...complete waste of time. They said it was for theft protection, I asked if they needed to see my title, or were they protecting the cars from thier owner too. It is sad when companies treat their customers like dictators treat their citizens. My car...My code, stop the monopoly, independent mechanics need love too.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
They were lying about giving you the SKC number, they can't see it either because the dealer tools don't show it to them. That should give you a clue about how knowledgeable they are about it.

Luckily, there are tools to get it :D Check out the immobilizer FAQ article , you should be able to see the section about getting the SKC now. There was a lawsuit over it and approved independent locksmiths can do the work now too...it still costs a fortune to rent and use the dealer tools though. And this website is FREE :nana2:

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts