VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My name is Myles, I have a 2001 jetta.

I had a timing belt failure on my way home Christmas eve and have been forced to learn a lot about my "reliable" purchase. So I did a complete head rebuild and put a new timing belt on the car, was pretty straight forward.

My car was going into limp mode because of an overboost error for quite some time, but I ignored it because I'm currently building a house and it still got my wife and I into town when we needed it. While I had the car apart for the head rebuild I decided to check out the vnt vanes and managed to crack the center section of my turbo while I was trying to get it apart. So I replaced it with a VNT17, and all was good... for about 4 days. Now I'm back to getting an overboost error and going into limp mode.

So anyway, now I think it's time to look at the n75 valve and check for vacume leaks.

Looks like there are some good articles resources on this site, and I'm happy to have access to them.

Thanks, Myles

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ouch...how many miles were on the timing belt when it failed? Did you have any other mods with the new VNT 17?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts