VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Just lost my one and only key (remote+immobilizer) to my 2004 Passat....Still have a spare blade that opens the doors but no immobilizer RFID or remote for central locking...
Any options other that the trip to an expensive VW garage ?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You could DIY but unless you have the tools it's still cheaper to buy a cut key online and have it programmed at the local dealer. This way you get the key as cheap as possible and minimize the dealer labor cost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You could DIY but unless you have the tools it's still cheaper to buy a cut key online and have it programmed at the local dealer. This way you get the key as cheap as possible and minimize the dealer labor cost.
Is there an online source for cut keys, or did you mean to say blank key? My dealer said they will not cut a blank unless I buy it from them... (at $75!) they gave me some lame story that their laser cutter was damaged by someone's key.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Worldimpex.com sells them relatively cheap. If they're only charging $75 for a cut key that is fair. You can save a few dollars online but after shipping and waiting, $75 is fair. I don't know where to buy keys cheapest, if you know, please share. 1/2 hour labor is a good price but they normally charge 1 hour which I feel is excessive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts