VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
You've lost all keys or just one?

This has been talked about a few times on here do a search. You can't bypass the immobilizer else whats the point in having one?

For that year it looks like you have Immo 1. I think you need to get the Secret Key Code (SKC) of the dealer before you can programme a new key. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Now I don't know how good it is but VAG-Tacho is supposed to read the Secret Key Code (SKC) on older VAG vehicles. This would be very useful as it would supposedly save a trip to the dealer. It appears you can change the mileage that VCDS can't do, though I don't agree with this function.

VAG-Tacho ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't used vag-tacho, but another similar product called codecard many times over ther years. Immo one is pretty easy to deciphera code from normally.

I have used the odometer reset function in the past when replacing clusters with good used ones. I usually reset the cluster to zero miles and then use vag-com to code the cluster to the actual mileage of the car. Once reset to zero the mileage lockout is reset for 100km as is a new cluster.

I don't know about vag-tacho, but codecard software will also read and save the dash eeprom and it can be written to the donor cluster which fools the car into thinking it is the cluster it had. Immo and mileage and coding stays the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts