VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this means going to the dealer? Nothing I can do to reset the system?

FM plays fine. CDs play fine, AM is just low volume static.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the base 2010 radio. Yeah, the windows are tinted but that was done in June when I got the car.

Overnight it fixed itself. I had stopped and started the car a few times before and it didn't clear it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
AM radio

I have the touch screen radio on my 2010 JSW. I have had it replaced once due to the fact the AM went missing every so often. Even after replacing the radio it still happens once in a while. Sometimes when i turn the car off and on it clears the problem. They said a wire was loose in the amplifier last time but this still happens every so often.

Recently the AM reception in certain area is just plain BAD.

Not sure what to do and I do not want them tearing my car up.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
On my 2010 Golf TDI, stock radio has the same problem. Has happened twice over 7 months. Not an issue with signal strength. Radio just craps out on AM on all stations. FM and Sat react normally.
Mostly listen to Sat so don't know if it would happen more often if I tuned to AM. Dealer has not heard of this problem as of reporting it on Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
I have the base 2010 radio.
Sorry Chris that tells me sweet FA.

RCD210, RCD310, RNS310, RCD510, RNS510 I beleive you have Premium 8 in the States and Canada. We don't know where you live because you haven't entered any details or the car in you spec. ;)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Wait a second... people listen to AM radio?! :pukerofl

Seriously though it has to be a software issue if FM works, they use the same antennae. Next time it does it try actually cutting power and restoring to see if it fixes the issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
Wait a second... people listen to AM radio?!
No I don't its just an option on a RCD310, 2 serperate AM tuners. The cheeky buggers at VW want to charge you a lot more for the DAB features of VW radios. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts