VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting my butt kicked by the latest loss of power issue with my 2001 Golf 1.9 ALH, 265K miles. It started as going to limp mode when pulling hills, and would reset after restarting the car. After a few weeks it went to solid limp mode, no power, would not reset. I checked all vacuum lines and I have good vacuum and routing is correct. I checked VNT actuation and was good. I checked MAF sensor, and actual to specified was way off, so I put a new one in. This did not help. I also had serious oil leak from front main crank seal. I ended up taking it to a shop, and was told my turbo was shot, by evidence of lots of oil in the intercooler, and hard to spin impeller. So I had the shop replace the turbo. It's a new Borg Warner, but I still have very sluggish power, feels like no (or very little) boost. So the new turbo maybe helped a little, but power is still very low. It feels like limp mode. The shop also replaced the N75 solenoid. I tested again my vacuum lines and found to be good, and my MAF actual is reading about 350, when MAF specified is about 800. Revving engine the MAF actual never goes over about 450. This is with the new MAF. I should note that the shop sucked up most of the oil from the intercooler, and I removed it and drained any remaining oil. I have also changed the crank and cam main seals to fix the oil leak. I also have new oil and fuel filters. What can be causing this low MAF actual pressure and my low boost?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts