VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Diesel Geek plate, 034 rear swaybar, Polar FIS, Malone stage 2, Unitronic DSG
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone,

haven't been on here much since my initial purchase of of 2013 Golf TDI w/ 15K miles. I've put around 73K
on it in about 26 months of ownership and have started getting the dreaded intermittant EGR code about 5k ago.
I have been waiting for this to happen since the initial purchase so I always knew this day would come, luckily I am
about to come out of warranty shortly anyway.
kpass3(1).jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
You'll need clutch with bigger turbo. Not worth the extra horsepower for the money imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buzzken, malone stage 2, malone delete, unitronic DSG all now on order for install in 1-2 weeks. I am kinda excited. I have only been waiting just two years to the date to come out of warranty!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats awesome.
Ive started Rawtek delete and CR170 turbo upgrade, just lacking time to work on it. Hopefully this weekend i will get it completed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update, my golf has been at the garage for a couple of weeks now due to ECU trama-drama during the delete install. all I know is when they went to flash the 3 tunes, that somehow the ECU got erased or corrupted during the flash process. the garage and the tune vendor are working together on the solution and hopefully I will have my golf back next week. In my line of work this same exact stuff happens quite often...the real trick/skill is understanding, knowing and finding the solution when those install/service problems arise...that is the hidden cost/value of paying for an install or service most people never think of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im sure this has already been checked, i had something happen when updating tune, where the file got corrupted, then I was stuck, could not load stock tune or mod tune, car would not start and nothing worked. I pulled the battery for ~2-3 min, re connected and tey my download again, all was fine after disconnecting the battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car is alao in pieces, cr170 and delete. I just have limited time to work on the car. Im glad im working from home

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im sure this has already been checked, i had something happen when updating tune, where the file got corrupted, then I was stuck, could not load stock tune or mod tune, car would not start and nothing worked. I pulled the battery for ~2-3 min, re connected and tey my download again, all was fine after disconnecting the battery

still waiting on returned ecu with no answers...not happy or pleased

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still waiting on returned ecu with no answers...not happy or pleased
now very happy and pleased....in a stunning turn of events I finally got my MK6 Golf back today. full delete, malone stage 2 and DSG tune...in a word 'awesome'! it's like night and day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
now very happy and pleased....in a stunning turn of events I finally got my MK6 Golf back today. full delete, malone stage 2 and DSG tune...in a word 'awesome'! it's like night and day.
How you liking the new tune? Hows the mpg’s while enjoying boost?
I put ~50miles on my car, really happy I got the CR170 turbo, the car pulls hard to 4+krpm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
really enjoying it so far. I have put about 500ish miles on the tune so far. the engine tune is great but I think the DSG tune is what makes it really shine. boost levels look the same and above 65mph I am getting a 4-5mpg gain, 45-55mph seem like a strong 7mpg gain. the only thing I want to add shortly is a high flow cat. I have a failing DMF at the moment so after I swap it out in a couple of weeks I will be able to test it better.

I really wanted to add a cr170 to the mix...I am thinking I will by the end of this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts