VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for information regarding the 2006 jetta tdi's. I read about the camshaft lobes, is this something that can happen on this jetta with under 100,000 mileage? are there any other issues I need to know before I buy a used 2006 jetta tdi? we are looking at one that has 86,000 miles and besides having the timing belt/ water pump replaced, what should I look for or listen for on this care before I buy it? If anyone knows about these tdi's I would appreciate it. the car has a manual transmission.

we use to have a 2005 passat but we just sold it, and are looking to buy another tdi. any information someone might have would be appreciated.

Thank you,
dgolding1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 06 myself; just about to hit 80K miles - getting ready to do the timing belt (probably next weekend). I have not inspected the cam yet, but have not had any symptoms of impending doom either.
As far as other issues, it's mostly been the little things:
-Finish on driver door inside handle gouges easily
-Shift boot has worn thru right under the knob
-Drivers seat leatherette has cracked (probably my own fault for the way the seat is set up and how I get in - I'm 6'8", so the seat is darn near in the trunk)

I've put a couple sets of tires on it (lot of windy road, and sharp cinders in the winter), done my oil and filter changes every 10K using Elf/Total 505.01, and replaced the fuel filter every 15K. That's the extent of maintenance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts