VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 VW Passat 2.0 TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am trying to get some help for my nephew as I can't drive down to San Marcos and his 05 Passat TDI 2.0 is in limp mode and the mechanic he took it to said it was EGR Valve (which I assume was wrong), but I bought hm one and he replaced it and now they are telling him it is the turbo. I assume they have not checked for vacuum leaks and don't even have a VCDS, so looking for a mechanic around the area.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Hello all, I am trying to get some help for my nephew as I can't drive down to San Marcos and his 05 Passat TDI 2.0 is in limp mode and the mechanic he took it to said it was EGR Valve (which I assume was wrong), but I bought hm one and he replaced it and now they are telling him it is the turbo. I assume they have not checked for vacuum leaks and don't even have a VCDS, so looking for a mechanic around the area.
Might try Austin Veedub - Austin Veedub
Not too far from San Marcos. I have not been there in years but they were pretty straight with me long ago and they used to have a good VW junk yard with tons of parts they hoarded for themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts