VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for info about retrieving SKC and programming a new key in Audi A3 2.0 TDI 2005r.
I have only one key with this car and I'd like to match another one. Unfortunatelly I do not have the tag with codes. I'm not sure which type of immo this is - I'm assuming that immo 4.

As far as I know I have to do the following (please correct me if I'm wrong):
1. Get a TP25 transponder - not used (I'm not sure if it needs to be preprogrammed)
2. Retrieve the immo's code - I've tried to use vag commander, but it seems to stall and do not work (I'm not sure which of 7 types of A3/A8 to choose..)
3. Match the new transponder with my immo (with vcds)

For now, I will try to establish the immo's type.
Anyway, I hope that there is a chance of accomplishing above. :)

Regards

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick reply! :)

For now, my concern is - how long should the SKC retrieval take (using vag commander 1.4).
I'm trying to use different vehicle types - with no effects whatsoever. Everything gets grayed out and the application is not responding for a very long time.
The Immo read/write do not return any data as well.. On the other hand, the odometer value is returned quickly and is proper.
The displayed type of instrument cluster is VDO H73

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I don't know about the using the vagcom stuff but someone will be along later, most people on here are from the states so there's a bit of time difference.:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Thank you for your quick reply! :)

For now, my concern is - how long should the SKC retrieval take (using vag commander 1.4).
I'm trying to use different vehicle types - with no effects whatsoever. Everything gets grayed out and the application is not responding for a very long time.
The Immo read/write do not return any data as well.. On the other hand, the odometer value is returned quickly and is proper.
The displayed type of instrument cluster is VDO H73
Can you provide screenshots? Try selecing kombi, instrument cluster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Screenshot below shows the app after selecting 'Read Security Access Code'.

When I enter 'Read/Write IMMO data' and choose 'Read', after a few seconds I get '0' values in all fields.
In 'Read/Write EEPROM' function, eeprom reading seems to work - status displays addresses being read, but still - no results.
Whole procedure lasts about 10-15 sec and addresses displayed below are changing very quickly.
Saved .bin file is empty.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Does anything work if you leave vehicle model unselected?

Also, does waiting longer do anything? Mine took up to a minute and even then it didn't work every time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The odometer value is not returned at all if I don't select vehicle type.
I've tried waiting longer and nothing happens. It's good to know that it should take up to a minute.
I will check different settings.
But still, I'm worried about empty and quickly returned EEPROM. It might indicate that the interface settings are wrong..
When I try to use 'Custom read/write' to retrieve EDC16U it connects with the ECU but almost immediately returns message
telling to try turn ignition off and on again. Maybe there is a need to disable all ECU communication? Or remove some fuse? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use VAG K+CAN Commander 2.5
Allows managing of brand new units (and immobilizer units) where is allowed programming of PIN, SKC, BGW, MAC. Functions are under CAN-TP2.0.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Application looks very similar (including Instrument cluster). I will try and let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately, no results :(

What's interesting, when I tried to read the code for VW it responded after 10-15 secs saying that it couldn't be read.
If I choose Audi or no vehicle at all - it doesn't respond for ages. After closing the instrument cluster, message pops saying that the code cannot be read.

This is Read/Write Immo window:

And the EEPROM reading:

After reading is complete:

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
My only guess is that there is some incompatibility in the software. When I looked at this screen it had it under serial number but I couldn't get it under other fields.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't understand what you mean about serial number and other fields.
How do you suggest checking for software incompabilities?
My cable is supposed to work with 1.4 version..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts