VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to find any instructions on how to replace timing belt on my 2015 tdi Jetta with a cvca engine. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Find someone with ElsaWin as I haven't installed it after a rebuild.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Find someone with ElsaWin as I haven't installed it after a rebuild.
Sorry to see such a valuable resource go to s/! $.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So they took down most of the resources? looking for a CVCA timing belt instruction myself not sure where else I can find it.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
So they took down most of the resources? looking for a CVCA timing belt instruction myself not sure where else I can find it.
Yes the new owners wrecked the site and have done almost nothing to fix it. Meanwhile they send out messages telling us we can have new things like different font colors. Nobody give a crap about font colors- FIX THE DAMN SITE!!!! Keith you should add a line to your responses warning new people not to buy premium membership because its not worth a thing until they fix the site

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know this is old now, but in case you are still looking:
1. I assume you've looked on youtube and such and haven't found anything,
2. If you are looking for something like what was done on the demo engine on the old site here, you will be disappointed.
3. If you are good at following written instructions, there are three sources for how-to info (none are free)
- first is the official VW data: erWin Online | Volkswagen of America | Search
here you can sign-up for 24 hours or so (what I did) and download everything. It's reasonable for what you can get. TIming belt replacement will probably be in the engine section (was for my 2013)​
- second is alldatadiy.com. I've used this for years and I like it, although for vw it doesn't stray at all from the official VW stuff, and may actually be a little less robust. It is generally the same info, just organized differently. One thing cool is that it does give you part numbers for many things, should you need to replace.​
- third is mitchell 1 diy. I my view, this is a really confused assembly of the VW data, and can be hard to follow, but the info is there.​
- actually there is a fourth, and it is free -- your library. They may have access to Alldata or Mitchell and you can just print it out.​
What I have found generally with VW is that the VW data is king and they keep info pretty tight to themselves. Even the official VW info is pretty sparse, like they really don't want you to know. Alldata and Mitchell don't really flesh it out like they do on Japanese cars (the others I have worked on a lot) -- again, like VW is holding something back.

Good luck with your search. Let us know what you find out.
On Facebook I was able to connect with a guy who had access to elsawin? And sent me some screenshots. I just got my kit delivered last night with metal nerd tools and I’m setting up for a long Saturday in the garage... I did find on YouTube the timing belt change video from here and some Russian? Video too. I’m hoping between the 3 I will be able to figure it out and save $1300 dealership cost ($2000)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts