VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

LOL, Chinese injector nozzles anyone?

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DirtyTrix 
#1 ·
Bosch is opening a fuel injector factory in China. Despite all the hate, I know that VW also does a lot of casting in China due to looser environmental laws and cheaper labor. The dirty little secret of making cars. http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/10/31/bosch-improves-diesel-injectors-factory-in-china/

Although diesel is not supported by the Chinese government as a "green" technology, Bosch is hoping to spread some of the joy Europeans have driving new-generation diesels there. The company has upgraded a facility in China to manufacture diesel common rail systems for use in passenger vehicles, starting next November. The facility is run by Bosch Automotive Diesel Systems, a Bosch subsidiary based in the eastern China city of Wuxi. The factory currently produces about 100,000 units per year, but this will be boosted to 1.4 million units by 2010. Bosch common rail technology is installed in most European diesel engines.

#2 ·
Lol, yes, most VW engine parts are cast in China. The glass, headlights, most of the components are sourced from suppliers and then assembled in Mexico or eastern Europe, slovakia, etc..

For example, the bad coolant reservoirs weren't directly VW's fault - a supplier made them to spec and some were defective - not necessarily a bad engineering choice. Lousy power window regulators - that was a bad engineering choice.

#5 ·
I've read (from Bosio nozzle promotionals) that Bosch parts have varying QC. They make it to a minimum spec but it's still of varying QC.
You didn't read it in their promotion but I've read it on tdiclub. The idea is that the nozzles are cone shaped instead of a straight tube. But the Bosch nozzles are hydraulically rounded, they smooth out the edges of the nozzle so that it sprays better. I saw pics somewhere but you can imagine how a rough edge on the machining of the nozzle would make a bad spray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.