VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Can someone advise where the remote sirus radio and compass unit is located in the new 2010 Jetta TDI. It is not located on the bottom of the rear shelf in the trunk. This car has a RCD 510, do yo think the units are self contain in the head unit. I am going to swap out with a RNS 510.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I believe the sharkfin is the Sat radio antenna. The module should be on the roof of the rear shelf in the trunk. If they moved it please post your findings. I don't know if it's in the RCD 510 but I haven't seen the specs saying so.

I heard there is now a diversity FM antenna in the rear glass of the sedans. Not 100% sure on this. The wagons should have the antenna in the glass.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the diversity antenna is there but my problem exist i don't know where the remote units are i will take out the rcd 510 and see if the rns 510 works.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only thing attached to the trunk shelf is the remote compass. I believe the RCD510 has the sat receiver built in.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just finnish swapping out the rcd510 with the rns510 in my 2010 Jetta TDI Highline. It was straight foward plug and play. No pin swapping needed to get ipod adapter or aux input to work. No SAT antenna extension to hook up. The rcd510 is basically a rns510 without the hard drive and the navigation unit. I still have not found the remote compass yet as everyone said its on the back shelf. The only other problem is getting the blue tooth to work. Now my next step is to use my new ross tech mini usb adapter to recode the vag-com.

Thanks,:nana2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts