VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
My "new to me" 2003 VW Golf GL TDI/5-speed is missing all the manuals that usually stake residence in the glove box. Can anyone here give me a list of all the factory owner's manuals/radios manuals/warranty/supplements/ect...for this car with the VW P/N's that are usually printed on them somewhere? This would be most appreciated. Do the newer VW's have a nice leather manual "wallet" like I have for my Audi's? I'd like to get something like that too since I'm starting from square one.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Mine didn't come with everything either but it should have the leather wallet. Other than what you listed above, the diesels had a thin book of diesel gas stations in north america. It's pretty much useless since it's an old list anyways.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it looks like I'm going to head over to my VW/Audi Porsche dealer (where I have a wholesale account) and pump them for info and see what I can get out of them...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You could try ebay. I looked it up and I don' see where you can ind the part numbers for the owner's manual. The only thing I would care about other than the owner's manual is the radio code and security immobilizer code. Audi5jim, check your PMs

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2003 Vw Golf/GTI OM Pack English US

P/N WSA1JE12004T / $60.00

2003 Vw Pst/golf/jet/nb Warranty Man Eng

P/n WSA231555WAR23 / $5.00

Wallet Audi Black W/logo

P/n WSA2425678KL88 / $15.00

Wallet Vw Golf Black

P/n VWM000GOL / $15.00

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do previous owners keep the manuals? That's just stupid! Unless the car was totaled or parted out or something like that, why!?! Jeez that just piss's me off!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Dont know...my other car came from the factory with a cut titanium key. They probably lost it along with your manuals.

By the time my other car came to me, it had only the valet key left so I had to cut spare keys out of that and it'll only start the ignition and lock the doors.

If you buy new VW keys, you need a vag-com to sync them with the immobilizer, only the 1998 ,1999 that don't have the immobilizer don't need this.

PS, since you have a 2003, I'm pretty sure you use immo-3. I forget the exact procedures but you can go to the rosstech site to see them or look through the FAQ here. I know the "secret start" procedure for the immo-2 cars where you play with the odo and clock reset buttons to bypass the immo and start the car without a vag-com (but still need a key), if anyone finds the "secret start" procedure for the immo-3, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Strange guess on the SR-71 blackbird. The 300zx came with a titanium key. They discontinued the key because the car became too expensive and titanium keys cost a lot. The SR-71 was a special edition of the 300zx.

J

·
0 Posts
That's pretty cheap. It must be fake leather.

Also make sure you get the radio code and immobilizer codes too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts