VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

have just bought a 2003 Golf GT TDI 130hp For the first couple of weeks was going OK but recently I have noticed that the car drops into Limp Mode if I excelrate around the 60mph mark .i stop the car switch it off to reset it and it might not happen again for a couple of days . After looking around the engine I noticed that the intake hose was loose ,I refitted it and replaced the spilt pin thinking that this may have been the cause but yesterday it went back into limp mode around the 60mph mark.
I am guessing that its not the Turbo because its only happen once and a while could it be the VNT actuator or some other failure in the boost system.

Any suggests would be a great help. I love this car but I am hoping its not going to turn into a love /hate relationship.

P

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The actuator seems to be a common one, they rust inside and the diaphram comes unstuck, could also be the vanes sticking a bit, I think you'll need to disconnect the actuator from the lever on the turbo and see how the lever moves, it should be nice and free.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Seatman,

Thanks for the reply, will have a rummage around and see what I can find. Would a spray of WD-40 loosen the the linkage or would you recommend me to take off the unit and give it a once over just to make sure the pipe is not split.

will post a note to let you know how I got on.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I would see how the lever moves but also take the actuator off and shake it, if it's knackered you'll hear it flopping about inside.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seatman would you know if anybody in the Uk is selling the dog collar for the intake pipe . As I think this is causing my Limp mode . If you rev the engine hard you can notice the the pipe coming out of its housing ,which would drop the pressure entering pass the EGR Valve .
So far I can only see guys in the states and Canada suppling the collar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts