VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
limp mode on golf mk4 gt tdi 130 bhp loss power.
ive check it on computer and come up with this.turbo sporadic overboost conditoin:control limit exceeded p1557

2) p1144 mass air flow (maf) sensor-g70 open short to ground

3 p1441 EGR vacuum regulator solenoid valve-n18 open short to ground

is any one knows any thing about it what can i do with this problems

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Im not sure about your fault codes as I have yet to bite the bullet and buy a rosstech diagnosis gadget but if you find it isnt the wiring then I'd wager it was your VNT turbo coking up with carbon. My old mk4 golf tdi 130 was sold to me pretty much stuck in limp mode and my 'new' car,8l A3 tdi, periodically goes into limp mode due to the VNT turbo on both of them being coked-up with carbon. Too much city driving and the rubbish diesel sold down my ways means even if I take the time to dismantle and clean the turbo it will only coke up again within 6 months, I find a good blast up a local mountain clears the problem for a month or two and is alot more fun than skinning my knuckles pulling the turbo out from way down the back of the engine.....

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Once your engine is upto temp a regular italian tune up is both fun and good for any car.
Driving 60 miles to a trackday, with a strong tail wind i managed 48 mpg. After the trackday (and 12 galons of diesel) i drove home at the same speed as i drove there and returned 55 mpg and i had a strong head wind.
This shows giving your car a good work out makes it better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts