VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have an Audi A3 2.0 TDI with an overboost.... " P0234 " condition. At first i thought it was a turbo problem i.e " sticky vains " due to a build up of carbon. so i ran innotec turbo cleaner through it to see if it would solve the overboost problem. So after that didn't work i checked the throttle body " intake manifold flap motor " and it was solid with gunk and would not budge !! so i took it off and cleaned it + egr valve with carb cleaner and still no joy :annoyed. Now the code for the manifold flap wont reset at all !! so i replaced the throttle body with a new pierburg one, and recalibrated it with the vag but still it wont reset !!! and still overboost !!! i'm going to see a vw master tech on thursday as i think it might be electrical. any thoughts on this would be a great help !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the simple stuff like the vac lines?
Hello mate, yip i checked the vac lines and the they seem to check out fine. i tested the solenoid block valve aswell by running with it.... then without. the solenoid valve looks as if it's doing the job!! also the flap does open and close and no judder when turning the ignition off. but dam thing wont clear !! thanks for your advice it's most appreciated !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on my throttle body issue !! I went to see the auto spark about the throttle body code not clearing... low and behold it was a broken wire. so he bridged the faulty wire and all clear and working now !! but still the dreaded limp mode !!!!!
I think i will need to test the vac lines properly this time. any suggestions would be great on testing them !! also i was thinking of replacing them with silicon hoses. do i need a diagram if the hoses are leaking ? and if so is their any for a bkd with a solenoid block valve?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There should be a diagram under the hood. Silicone is fine but over time they will degrade slightly if exposed to oil. I still use them because they're much cheaper than the VW braided lines and stay more flexible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There should be a diagram under the hood. Silicone is fine but over time they will degrade slightly if exposed to oil. I still use them because they're much cheaper than the VW braided lines and stay more flexible.
Thanks!! ok i will have a look for that. on testing the vacuum how much psi should i use?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
5 psi is more than enough. Also use pressure since sometimes a crack won't show up under only vac. In some cases, a ball of buildup clogs a solenoid or valve and acts like a valve so it's best to blow them out and inspect all ends manually, if still in doubt, vac test them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5 psi is more than enough. Also use pressure since sometimes a crack won't show up under only vac. In some cases, a ball of buildup clogs a solenoid or valve and acts like a valve so it's best to blow them out and inspect all ends manually, if still in doubt, vac test them.
Thankyou !! I will let you know how that goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts