VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Kia Carens 2.0 CRDI 2009 that wont start. What I have found is that if I remove the vacuum hose from Wastegate actuator valve on turbo it starts and runs but not any real power (as you would expect with no turbo control). If I re attach the hose it stalls the engine. There are no fault codes. I have disconnected the large hose from the inlet manifold (coming from the intercooler) so it is sucking air in from the atmosphere but it is excactly the same (so compressor side of the turbo and EGR are out of the loop). I have disconnected the exhaust immediately after the turbo but it is excactly the same (thought it might be the CAT). So I think the fuel side of things are ok as it runs ok with the wastegate hose off. When idling if I connect the hose the wastegate arm moves the full length of its travel before the engine dies. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

John

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the information - I did not know that a first post was meant to be in the introduction.

Regards

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts