VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to this site. I have a question regarding the VW keyless entry system. I currently own a 1997 Jetta GLS. I was told that I could pull a relay (or module...not sure which one it is) from a 98 or 99 MK3 and simply "plug" it into my 97 and I would now have a keyless system. I stopped at a junk yard the other day and pulled a relay/module from a 99 MK3; P/N 1HM 937 045 D.

A few questions come to mind:

1.) do I have a keyless module (p/n 1HM 937 045 D)?
2.) what does the letter "D" designate?
3.) since I do not have a remote fob (assuming the module is keyless), how do I get one that will work with this module?
4.) assuming the module is keyless and I find a compatible fob, will this system work in my 97 Jetta?

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Many blessings,

Bill

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
A relay is just an electrical switch. You need the keyless entry module. Did you see this page?

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a3b4/keylessentry.htm

1HM937045D is not keyless entry, it's just an alarm module. You need to replace the alarm module with a keyless entry module.

D is the version and it looks like D is no keyless entry.

Buy one from ebay ,dealer, worldimpex.

Since you bought something that won't work, a generic keyless entry kit will also work. Just tap into the unlock and lock wiring using the generic kit's box. The wiring diagram is in the article I linked above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts