VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My wife and I purchased a new 2011 Jetta TDI for her last Saturday (6-11-11). She loves the car and is learning all of the features on her new car.
She already has a question with the keyless entry system. She said that the car will lock sometimes and then she cannot lock it other times. We have discovered that the windows must be up when trying to lock the car.
I have read the O and M guide but may have to re-read the manual three time to learn every thing.
Our questions are.
Do you have to close the sun roof fully also, or can it be opened just a little?
Do you have to use the key less entry fob to lock the doors or can you push the locking button on the door and walk away?
Thanks for the help.
Jim W.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know about the sun roof but the door lock does not work to lock the car unles your inside. Need to use the remote.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the sun roof but the door lock does not work to lock the car unles your inside. Need to use the remote.
Thanks for the feedback.
In fact salesman called today for a follow-up on the Jetta. He stated with the key less entry system, you need to close the door and walk away than hit the lock button on the fob. This is very different than my Ram and my wife's old ford. New learning process.
Jim W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts