VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we went to test drive and buying a Jetta SW TDI. We are very excited and surprised the way the car felt. We traded in our 08 Mazdaspeed 3. Which was a great car and extremely fun to drive. But It was time to think about fuel and $$$.

We have to wait for them to find one from the dealer in Platinum Gray (our fav color) and then we will be off to enjoy our first TDI. From what I read on here, the car was just like everyone said. We had thought about a Hybrid, but when it came down to test drives and the car we were trading in, there was a obvious answer. We needed a TDI. There was no get up and go in a Hybrid. And when you travel 85 miles a day, you have to like the way the car feels and drives. I like the whole drag racing thing, but not in new cars. The whole mind set of owning a Hybrid is also hard to get over also. You know that there is no get up. At least from what I can tell from the test drive the TDI gave you the feeling (torque) of going somewhere fast.

I would also like to say that this is a great forum! It seems like there a people on here that enjoy helping people make decisions on whether to go to diesel or stay with gas. It was very descriptive and informing to read some of the threads.

Thanks,
A new Jetta SW DSG TDI Owner!!!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Congratulations! Consider giving 100% attention to your refueling technique, no cell phone calls, no texting, and hopefully no misfueling, stop at diesel pumps to fuel up only. Always save all your fuel receipts for proof of proper fuel being purchased, in case your High pressure fuel pump goes south and VW gives you the run around about misfueling the car.

Show your significant other where to purchase good diesel fuel and how to let the foam in the fuel neck of the tank settle out when topping off the tank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just purchased a JSW TDI on Feb. 14 2011. My first VW/diesel and so far I am very happy. My daily commute went from 6.5 to 60 miles one way. I was driving an 05 Trailblazer:eek. I was spending almost $400 a month on gas! I am paying less per month on the loan and diesel:nana2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just purchased a JSW TDI on Feb. 14 2011. My first VW/diesel and so far I am very happy. My daily commute went from 6.5 to 60 miles one way. I was driving an 05 Trailblazer:eek. I was spending almost $400 a month on gas! I am paying less per month on the loan and diesel:nana2:
Very smart!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts