VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined this forum. Two weeks aga I bought a '00 Jetta GLS TDI off Ebay, flew to Pensacola, FL, drove it back to Indianapolis,IN. I drove 700 miles before the low fuel light came on and stopped for fuel at 710 miles. I averaged 53.25 MPG on the trip. The ride is very comfortable and was just great on the trip home. I now have 585 miles on this tank, just driving back and forth to work and round about and still am not quite down to the 1/8th mark on the gauge. It has exceeded all my expectations. What an impressive vehicle. Why did I wait so long to buy one? Darrell

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Hi, I just joined this forum. Two weeks aga I bought a '00 Jetta GLS TDI off Ebay, flew to Pensacola, FL, drove it back to Indianapolis,IN. I drove 700 miles before the low fuel light came on and stopped for fuel at 710 miles. I averaged 53.25 MPG on the trip. The ride is very comfortable and was just great on the trip home. I now have 585 miles on this tank, just driving back and forth to work and round about and still am not quite down to the 1/8th mark on the gauge. It has exceeded all my expectations. What an impressive vehicle. Why did I wait so long to buy one? Darrell
That's it? Now try for 60 mpg:) Take a look at the new owner's checklist and FAQ. Take care of the car and keep up with maintenance and it will take care of you.

This place is awesome with lots of info. for my 2006 TDI. Fixing to do my timing belt tomorrow.
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts