VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2010 Jetta Sporwagen 2.0L TDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - TDI - Hi all VW folks - found this forum while trying to troubleshoot a wastegate issue - turns out it was critters who ate one of the wires going to the wastegate actuator - so that problem is solved. Still have warning lights on for ABS - suspect its the ABS module/brake controller itself as all 4 wheelspeed sensors register output. But that's a back burner project as other than maybe affecting the ABS it doesn't have any effect on the drivability of the vehicle.

· Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you don’t have an OBDII / CAN/ HEX Bus diagnostic interface, with ABS, SRS, I suggest you invest in one… If you plan on staying with VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) Ross-Tec VCDS is the best thing going out there. Check them out at

Reactions: Meckie

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. If you don’t have an OBDII / CAN/ HEX Bus diagnostic interface, with ABS, SRS, I suggest you invest in one… If you plan on staying with VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) Ross-Tec VCDS is the best thing going out there. Check them out at
Thanks for the welcome - yes got one - only downside is it works only on windows :-(. It's the only reason I have a windows laptop - albeit that I have to plug it in to power in order for it to work as battery long since died.

· Premium Member
253 Posts
I understand your pain.
I invested in an app called “Parallels”. It allows your OS terminal to run Windows on a different partition. In fact I can run both systems at the same time, when required. Was cheeper than getting a windows blob.

Reactions: Meckie

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fiddled with that years ago - didn’t work that well for me - I share a laptop with my better half And she has too much stuff on her side of the hard drive for me to wipe and start again. For the few times I use the darn thing I’ll put up with the windows computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts