VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, We just bought a 2005 passat tdi. It has 108k miles and no information that it has a timing belt replacement. The frist thing we are doing is this before we take it anywhere. Have already bought a kit, tools, etc. Just waiting on a service manual to do the job (my husband won't do anything without a manual). it only came with one key and remote, but remote does not work. Wow dealership wants $$$$ for a second one, and programming more $$$. SE iowa is not good for locksmiths either.
Jeanine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see the one on the timing, and will probably go ahead on it because I have enough info to do it. Will look at the key replacement one.

Thanks
Jeanine

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the information. Hubby is reading now. He was wandering about the oil pump balance shaft and doing it at the same time.

Does Bentleys paper service manual cover this engine? I couldn't tell that it did.

Thanks
Jeanine

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Bentley does not cover the TDI engine....lots of step by step FAQ on this site which do :) If he decides to replace the balance shaft module (recommended) I rent the special tools upon request.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts