VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got interested in a Golf when I first saw the MK5s in Europe, but the new body was not available in US yet. After that, diesel was not available until the 2010 model. Also, we didn't actually need the car until now.

Got the 2011 instead of 2010 mostly because of the slightly revised seats and bluetooth. The seats are not as slanted on 2011 when they are all the way down and have powered recline. My wife liked the 2011 seats much more.

I have missed the opportunity for the full tax credit, but $850 is still not bad. The prices now also seem much more reasonable now than when the 2010 came out.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

I didn't know that they added power recline for 2011. I'll add this to the FAQ if you can take a pic of it to make sure we're talking about the same thing and to show others the difference.

Everyone likes to see a happy owner so...

:needpics:

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I added a note to the FAQ because I forgot that the manual vs. electric backrest is a 2 vs. 4 door thing, not a 2010 vs 2011 VW Golf thing. I added a picture to the FAQ to show the difference:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I guess that rules out a power seat retrofit on the two door. Maybe you could just limit it to the driver's seat and force the rear seat passengers to get in through the passenger side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:nana2: Yep, a four door which is why you have the electric backrest.
Yep, I got that. I am loving the car. I grin every time I see the Smart a fortwo, knowing that I get better fuel economy than its 70 HP 3-cyl engine. Seeing a Prius spaceships also make me chuckle :D.

Got it registered two days ago... came home, looked at the receipt - it says GASOLINE on it :mad:. I told them three times that it was diesel. Called the DMV and was told that I have to wait until I receive the title to get it corrected. :bangshead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts