VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just bought a 01 jetta manual trans with 129,000 miles on the odometer. I have already read most of the relevant treads for my car and have learned alot The car came with a full maintenance and repair history as I bought it from the nephew of the original owner. I have records showing that the timing belt,water pump, serpentine belt and coolant were changed at 101,288 miles on 12/24/2008. The coolant used according to the invoice was Dex Cool. Is That OK? I am kinda amazed at the amount of work that has been done to this vehicle as far as maintenance and repairs. Seems like this car has cost the previous owners quite a bit in repairs and maintenance. My 2000 F150 gas burner in comparison has only had the front brake pads replaced by myself. It has 140,000 miles on it. The jetta runs great right now but I have only owned and driven for one day. I spent all day today waxing the car. The jetta is going to be used to teach my daughter to drive. She just got her permit and I wanted her to be able to drive a standard. Like I said earlier so far no problems with the car but will be posting problems if they should occur since I would like to do the minor repairs. Any one know of any good repair shops in the Hilo,Hawaii area just in case?

Thank you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dexcool isn't right, VW's G12 is right. It should be pink. If it's brown, flush it now. Where does a Jetta go on Hawaii to get that many miles? Sounds great to live there though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts