VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 vw passat TDI SE last night while driving the engine seized up with no error code until it died I noticed what looks oil blown all over the under part of the engine can anyone help please

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not much one can do when siezed. Sometimes you get lucky, pour thin oil down the top of the cylinders through the glow plugs and you can break them free but usually there is ring or cylinder wall damage at that point.

Generally, you have to remove the engine, pull the head and crank shaft, pound the pistons out and then figure what you need to fix. And along the way, you'll find the source of the leak. Or swap the engine, and again you should come across the source of the leak.

Sorry for the misfortune, blown engines are the pits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2013 vw passat TDI SE last night while driving the engine seized up with no error code until it died I noticed what looks oil blown all over the under part of the engine can anyone help please
If you recently had an oil change performed, check to make sure the oil filter is intact and whether the drain plug is in place. If either of these is compromised, then you would have lost your oil which led to the seizure. If you can not do this yourself, have someone other than the shop which did the oil change perform the checks. If the oil change was not done properly, you may have some recourse as they should have insurance to cover such things. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts