VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrific sight. I have owned my 2001 Golf tdi since new and now have 125,000 miles logged on. I returned the car to the dealer 10 months ago for a recall related to the sunroof drain. The car is garaged and was not left out in a heavy rain until last month. Rain was pouring in around my fuse panel and saturated the rug. The interior now stinks of mildew. I can only surmise after 10 years of no leakage the dealer inadvertently disconnected the drain hose. I took the driver seat out to shampoo the rug and now have an airbag light on in addition to the stink. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
First, I would complain heavily to the dealer. That is why I didn't bring my car to the dealer for the recall, all they do is snip the tip of the drain tube to make the opening larger and make sure it's clear. They probably broke the hose or popped it off with strong compressed air.

They messed it up, let them fix it. To clean it out and check all the grounds you'll have to pull the carpeting up. It's a huge pain since the seats and lower trim have to be removed. The airbag light could go away forever if you clear the code but if it comes back, it needs to be diagnosed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts