VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new here and was glad to find a TDI only forum. Just picked up a TDI Cup Edition last Friday, and I've finally found some time this weekend to take some pictures. This is my first diesel, but certainly not my first Volkswagen product. I'd love to see anyone else who's got a TCE.

Only mods I've done so far include some debadging and turning the interior footwell lights red. Enjoy the pictures!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking car, how is the ride vs. any other cars you have? I have an Altima now but am looking at a Jetta
Well my stepmom leased an '06 Jetta and currently is leasing an '09 Jetta. Both are the standard suspension. The TDI Cup Edition has the GLI suspension so it's a lot more sporty compared to the two she's owned. I really like it because it's sporty enough, but certainly not uncomfortable by any means.

Suppose if you're considering a Jetta you should go test drive one. I'm sure you'll be impressed by the ride even with the standard TDI suspension.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like how the black part of the decal is partially hidden by the black color. It's very subtle and makes you look twice in a good way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like how the black part of the decal is partially hidden by the black color. It's very subtle and makes you look twice in a good way.
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the decals. That's part of the reason I went with black. They're really subtle. I honestly would probably remove them, but the car is a lease.

Really nice! Love the grill and the seats.
Thanks man, the seats are definitely growing on me. I went from not really caring for them, to thinking they're alright, to loving them!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice!

Seriously consider buying this car when it is off-lease or sooner.
The thought has crossed my mind just because it's a pretty unique Jetta and I'm loving it so far. I actually work for VW so the lease is a great deal. It's only for 12 months though so I don't have much time with the car unless I choose to buy it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The lower front end of those cup cars is really good looking. I wonder how hard it would be to swap a 'cup front facia' on a 2005 - 2006.5. Would be cool if it were a bolt on mod. Great looking car - although it does seem to be missing a pedal. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts