VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to bypass the imobilizer to get my vw running. Lost the key, ordered a new one from dealer (90) miles away. Does not run for more than a second and alarm sounds.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Try to find the SKC key tag.

Programming the new key isn't cheap unless you already own the tools, see the key FAQ article for more on this.

The alarm is a separate issue, the immobilizer and alarm are completely unrelated systems. You're not stealing this thing right!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Just trying to bypass the imobilizer to get my vw running. Lost the key, ordered a new one from dealer (90) miles away. Does not run for more than a second and alarm sounds.
Just want to let you know that the price of the key does not include programming. I had a valet key made for each of the two TDI (2000 and 2002) that I bought last month. Cost $45 each. When I picked them up, I was shocked when I was told that they had to be reprogrammed at $142 each. I bought one of the TDIs from the dealership so I was able to haggle them down to $57. I'm not willing to pay 145$ for the other key unless I have to. There's got to be a way to immobilize the immobilizer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts