VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word if the Jetta 6 will be available with the TDI engine option (launch or soon after)?

Pics for clicks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There is no confirmation of what the Jetta looks like other than the concept coupe. I think the photoshop has the taillights right but the front is just from the new Golf. VW has said the next Jetta will look very different from the Golf so I'll bet it has a front end that like the concept coupe. The new Touareg also has the same look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Golf has always looked very different from the Jetta. They have had different headlights, fenders, hood, and back end so this will be consistent with past generations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't count on the TDI being available at launch. Traditionally Jetta variants (including Variants, ha,ha, and TDIs) are introduced a year or two down the road. Diesels will probably have less delay due to the success of the CR 140, but I'd guess a 6 month delay at least. And a delay with the new car's TDI may eliminate the availability problems with the Golf.

When the MK V was introduced in the US, the only cars available for the first several months were auto 2.5s that were loaded to the gills with leather, Climatronic, wood trim...there weren't even manual trans cars for 6 months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They would probably use the same or almost the same engine so why wouldn't it be a carryover and have a TDI right away? The delays in the mk5 might have been because it was a new engine. I think the mk6 GTI was the first Golf available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts