VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am planning to change AC Control valve on my 2012 Jetta TDI, need help as to how much refrigerant and oil VW recommend as i dont seem to find any sticker under the hood with the info i need, any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,394 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

In the UK only qualified people can service A/C systems, I don't know if that is the same in USA.

Re-gassed with R134A and the correct oil amount should be added.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Unless you are replacing the receiver dryer or compressor, you only need to replace the oil you lost. So if no oil comes out with the removal of the control valve, none is added. However, if you open the system (your job is going to open the system) you need to replace the receiver dryer and connect an a/c vacuum pump (Can rent this at participating AutoZone‘s) to the system and run it until you get 25 mmHg and continue running the vaccum for no less than 25 minutes or until your micron gauge says you have removed all the moisture. This is a very important process that removes all the air and moisture that entered the system when opened. Any air or moisture will cause poor cooling performance. Also, the vaccum will help pull in the refrigerant. Add 24 oz of R134a and check your manifold gauge and thermometer for optimum readings. 26 oz is the maximum capacity for your system. You need a digital scale to get 2 oz out of a 12 oz can. More R134A is not better, that’s why US auto A/C shops recover and weigh refrigerant on scales and use gauges. Least amount of R134A needed to meet optimal cooling performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @1979corvette for your response.
I was able to get picture from another same year Jetta, which states the same as you mentioned, R-134a 525g +/- 25g and PAG oil.
Trying to change compressor valve and have the vacuum pump as well, so will add some oil after.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
You would need PAG-46 oil for VW. I would add that getting oil with dye in it will make life easier, further down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts