VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after becoming a member and doing research and testing - turbo vane / vacuum can linkage - air leak test - i found the "c" clip behind the right headlight not holding the boost pipe - 2004 jetta tdi manual transmission has been driven over 25,000 miles - currently 95,000 miles on car - are the "c" clips an overboost protection at all ? put everything back together no problems found with maf sensor or boost control so far - if the "c" clips pop off does anything have to be replaced? i did learn a lot about the boost system during this process!!!!!
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
after becoming a member and doing research and testing - turbo vane / vacuum can linkage - air leak test - i found the "c" clip behind the right headlight not holding the boost pipe - 2004 jetta tdi manual transmission has been driven over 25,000 miles - currently 95,000 miles on car - are the "c" clips an overboost protection at all ? put everything back together no problems found with maf sensor or boost control so far - if the "c" clips pop off does anything have to be replaced? i did learn a lot about the boost system during this process!!!!!
any help would be appreciated
It's not an overboost protection, it's just worn. would this help? http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-378/Pumpe-Duse-Intake-Hose-fdsh-Manifold/Detail Check if the tabs are worn down.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies - no this problem just started - i did find worn tabs on the fitting from turbo to frame rail pipe on on hose end that goes into pipe bolted to frame - the 10mm nut was not present - are these fittings vw only or can they be bought after market - main hose from turbo is main problem now!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts