VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and this is also my first car. I bought it a few weeks ago and yesterday (when I was trying to reverse into my garage which is in a slope) the car gave a warning like "Transmission Overheating, check manual".

Do I have to worry about this? I drove to work this morning and had no issues. Can I drive the car and ignore the warning (as yesterday was really hot)
It was serviced less than a month ago (although I am not sure what they actually did because the "check engine, service now" warning also appeared which I have reset).

I have to say I dont know much about cars so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
I'm assuming its DSG? Please remove Volkswagen from your car spec as it takes up a lot of room, and we know who makes the Jetta and add DSG. ;)

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I've replaced VW with DSG. Sorry to sound stupid but what kind of VAG-COM\VCDS do I need (and is that the only thing I need)? Can I do the scan with any type or does it have to a specific one? And would it show all the issues?
Sorry but dont know much about cars as its my first.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
There is only one true DIY scanner for VAG vehicles. VCDS

They aren't cheap and the new one has a limited number of VIN's you can use it on. You can browse the Ross-Tech forum

Its not a good idea to buy the cheap Chinese cloned cables of fleabay, good forum refuse to answer questions with problems with them.

All the cheap EODB II scanners will give false results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts