VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean Lexus, I mean Mazda and Subaru. Mazda and Subie are normally slightly cheaper than other brands but they have gotten expensive. The Mazdaspeed 6 is as expensive as an Audi A4 and I was just reading in Motortrend about the WRX STI. It's the same price as an Audi A3 and a loaded WRX STI is only about 2 thousand cheaper than a loaded Audi A3. What gives? How they stay competetive when their cars are getting so expensive?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Because people still fly southwest airlines and buy american cars. Some people will only buy the cars that they like.

Personally, I would buy the a3. Looks are subjective, but the interior has a much better feel and quality to it and that's something you have to live with everyday. The extra speed of the WRX STI won't be used everyday.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
And you could buy 3 used Jetta TDIs or 2 used TDI wagons for the price of 1 of those new cars. You're also comparing one of the most expensive Scoobie to the base Audi, the A3.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
It's inflation and more content. Cars are a lot better than they were a long time ago. The original beetle had no radio and not much else. 30 years ago, $5000 was expensive for a car, 10 years ago $22,000 was an average price, today $30,000 out the door is an average price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts