VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my timing belt this morning and have a question about jacking the car (Jetta) up...

I need to remove the passenger side wheel so I clearly can't use ramps. If I jack the right side up using the lift point, where can I put a jackstand? The jack and the jackstand clearly can't both be at the lift point at the same time and I'm damn sure not working under the car if it's only being held up by a jack of any sort.

With my Acura I was able to jack the entire front end up with one floor jack using a central lift point under the engine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm doing my timing belt this morning and have a question about jacking the car (Jetta) up...

I need to remove the passenger side wheel so I clearly can't use ramps. If I jack the right side up using the lift point, where can I put a jackstand? The jack and the jackstand clearly can't both be at the lift point at the same time and I'm damn sure not working under the car if it's only being held up by a jack of any sort.

With my Acura I was able to jack the entire front end up with one floor jack using a central lift point under the engine.
Just stick the jack stand under the control arm's rear bushing. I use it all the time.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
You just put the jackstand/axle stand under a load bearing member thats somewhere solidly constructed?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith - I just wasn't certain why could support the full weight of the front of the car. I don't want to bend anything... I ended up using the bushings as described above and it seems fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts