VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in Germany for only a week (working on a three-year-tour in the Army) and I've seen so many diesel powered and manual transmission cars out here that it would make a North American diesel-lover cry in bed at night knowing that the selection out here is ridiculously high for buyers. I swear I'm going to miss it out here when I leave. By the time I die, the selection of diesels in America, I would like to believe, would be higher than it is now, but I don't know for a certainty that this will happen. I'm so upset that I have to go back to mediocrity in three years when I retire. But, I will be purchasing a diesel when I get back. I'd love to bring one back over, but Oregon emission standards (as well as the rest of the country) would never allow it.:ugh

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I hope that by the time I die, I will be going to work by personal jackpack in 2090. Probably not going to happen but diesel cars and other internal combustion engines will be special use vehicles only. Electric cars will be a very confident prediction for the far future, maybe diesel is a good bet for the short term.

D

·
0 Posts
Just remember that part of it is because of taxes on fuel. Unless the US changes how they tax fuel, you won't see more fuel efficient vehicles. Now that gas prices have cooled, you see more SUVs on the road again. And people won't buy fuel efficient cars until taxes stabilize fuel prices higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts