VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ITEM SOLD

I bought it for $350 shipped. I like it, but I have an iphone that has voice dialing and would just rather get an extension for the MDI Cable. I am willing to part with it for $350, and will just plug my 9w2 back in. Therefore, I will only be out the shipping cost. I have check into the cost of this part for an employee at my dealer and it was $450-460.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I am pretty sure someone will snap this thing up. Also, when you connect the module you don't even need a VAG-Com to activate push to talk. The overhead answer/end call button will activate the voice commands when you are not on a call. So I just left the one on the steering wheel as my mute button.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Since you connect with MDI cable to your iphone, I can see why the added bluetooth features of the 9w7 do not add much for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not that it did not add much. I was able to have all my contacts and recent calls loaded in the MFI. You can customize how you want your phonebook to be listed (surname or first name), custom ringtone, voice dialing. You can call your voicemail, and you do not lose the bluetooth streaming feature that does not exist if you have 9w3.

However, when I am charging my phone i cannot get it close to my face to look at a text or score. i know i should not be doing this while driving. I am going to take the money and buy and extension cable that askavwsalesguy list in his blog. In an ideal world I would have both, but am moving in three weeks to NC and could use the extra cash for a PS3.

I had a guy offer me $290 shipped on golfmk6 and will be passing on that offer. He said that MFD3.com is selling them for $335, but failed to mention they are sold out. I have this module today, and as soon I receive payment paypal or money order I can ship it out same day or next. I got it from Steve at euronav solutions.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
...when I am charging my phone i cannot get it close to my face to look at a text or score. i know i should not be doing this while driving. ....
I know what you're saying about the length of the supplied MDI to iphone adapter.
I bought the MDI to USB adapter from the VW parts dept and a 3 foot USB to Mini USB cable to charge my Motorola phone and give it enough length to reach my dash-mounted phone holder. I have the phone mounted within reach to activate voice dialing and I can see caller id.

Still, the 9w7 would be a sweet upgrade for me.

Any second now some member will make you the right offer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have listed this item on ebay and the link is at the bottom:

9w7 VW Bluetooth Module Golf Jetta Passat CC Tiguan
item number - 140438915634

Starting Price $330

Buy it now $400

Time left: 2d 23h (Aug 13, 201008:37:22 PDT)

VW 9w7 Bluetooth Module with voice dialing, bluetooth music streaming, phonebook and call history displayed in MFI. You also have the ability to sort phonebook by surname and first name. There is no reserve price, free shipping, no returns, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Paypal is the only accepted payment and I will only ship to a verified address. Will only ship this itme to the lower 48 states in the USA. Please no Cananda, Mexico, Alaska, and Hawaii. Payment must be made within 48 Hours or I will re-list the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140438915634

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cannot honor the $350 selling price since I have a buy it now with free shipping on ebay. The auction starts at $330 free shipping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts